Sunday, November 16, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Salad


Michael and I love buffalo chicken wings and boneless buffalo wings. I came up with this as a guilt free way to enjoy the same flavour.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Ingredients: (per person)
1 grilled chicken breast
3/4 c. iceberg lettuce
3/4 c. romaine heart
1-2 tbsp. blue cheese or ranch dressing
1-2 tbsp. buffalo sauce (I used "Moore's Buffalo Wing sauce")
Tear the iceberg lettuce into small pieces, remove the thick ribs from the romaine heart and tear the leaves. Toss the lettuce with the salad dressing. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and toss with the buffalo sauce. Put the chicken on the lettuce and serve immediately.
Whenever I'm barbecuing I like to add a few boneless skinless chicken breasts lightly coated in canola oil. In a zip top bag they will last for a while in the fridge and make for easy meals.

No comments: